Saturday, June 18, 2011

The Grass is Greener on OUR side!

Hi! Welcome to our little corner of the cyberverse. We have recently embarked on a new chapter and journey in our lives - homeschooling! My oldest daughter, Bug, spent kindergarten and part of first grade in a traditional public school. Pulling her out to homeschool was something I wrestled with for a bit. I have dreamed of being able to homeschool my two daughters ever since they were babies. I was like countless others out there - I didn't think I could do it. We decided to take the plunge and just DO IT in February of her first grade year, and I am so, so happy we did. We are enrolled in a local homeschooling charter school, which allows us to sort of experience "the best of both worlds." The school has daily workshops in reading, math, science, art, theater, etc. that we can attend or choose not to. They provide us with curriculum that we can use, or we can supplement with a curriculum of our choosing. There are monthly field trips and social events for the children. It really is a dream come true for us.

Bug is loving this new stage. She has a love of learning and experiencing things that was being stifled in traditional school. I love being able to have the opportunity to see her mind working on a first-hand basis all day long. I love the fact that I don't have to ship her off to an institution for 6+ hours per day anymore. So far, this has been the best decision we ever could have made!

I don't have a lot of experience with web design or blogging, but I thought that it would be a fun way to document our lives while we embark on this new journey. 

No comments:

Post a Comment